Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

I looooooooooooooooove my mom's homemade cinnamon rolls.  What better way to eat your way into the New Year?

And because I'm in a giving mood I'll share the recipe.  The recipe for the actual cinnamon rolls makes 4 dozen.  I cheat now and use the bread maker on the dough setting- makes 12 rolls- perfect for my little family.

Mama Nyholm's Cinnamon Rolls
Mix together and set aside:
2 c warm water (like baby bath)
4 Tbs yeast
½ c. sugar

Mix together:
2 c warm milk
2 eggs
½ c. Crisco (softened)
1 Tbs salt

Mix yeast mixture with milk mixture
Add 7-10 c flour and knead
Let rise 1 hour (covered) or until double in size

Punch down and divide into 4 balls

Roll out into 8x10 inch rectangle
Smear butter, sugar, cinnamon
Roll LONG way (12-14) inches long)
Cut into 12 rolls and place on cookie sheet
Let rise 30-40 minutes
Bake 10-15 minutes, then glaze

Glaze (for 12 rolls):
1 c powdered sugar
1-2 Tbs water or milk
1 tsp butter (soft)
½ tsp vanilla
Mix all together

No comments:

Post a Comment