Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Cowboy Cookies

My friend, Leslie, first introduced me to these at her son's birthday party (I believe her neighbor, Amber, made them). I won't admit to how many I ate that day. I finally snagged the recipe from her and got around to making them today.  I don't know why they're called Cowboy Cookies, but saddle up, baby, because your taste buds are in for a ride!

Cowboy Cookies
1 cup shortening (recommended: Crisco)
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla 
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups rolled oats
1 (6-ounce) package chocolate chips
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
 
Add all wet ingredients first and then sift in dry ingredients.   Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.

*Amber says the secret to these is to mix everything by hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment