Monday, July 11, 2011

Oreo Mud Cake

I created this simple treat straight from my own little brain (doesn't happen all that often).  Once, when I was still living in Hawaii, I made a vanilla-banana-butterfinger cake (I should make that again!) for a friend's birthday.  Everyone was a bit weary to try it at first but it ended up being really good.  This reminds me of that- just a few simple things thrown together.  Makes a simple, delicious, cool Summer treat.

Oreo Mud Cake
1 box chocolate-fudge cake mix
1 box chocolate instant pudding
1 12 oz tub whipped topping
2 sleeves Oreo cookies

Bake cake mix as directed.  Cool.  Cut into small cubes.
Prepare chocolate pudding as directed.
Crush Oreo cookies.

Generously scatter cake cubes in bottom of 9x13 pan
Cover cubes with chocolate pudding
Layer whipped topping on top of pudding
Top with crumbled Oreo cookies

Chill in refrigerator until serving.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you make the Butterfinger one and post a picture on here! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that candy. In fact, when I lived in South Africa all I wanted in my care packages was Crest toothpaste and Butterfingers. Mmmm.

    ReplyDelete