Friday, August 5, 2011

Gold Medal Chocolate Chip Cookies

A few nights ago our friends brought us a big plate of chocolate chip cookies.  They were perfect; soft, chewy, round and delicious.  I ate six for breakfast the next morning.  No joke.  When I asked my friend for the recipe I just about died laughing inside.  You know that episode of Friends where Monica is trying to write the recipe for Phoebe's grandma's chocolate chip cookies?  That's what our conversation reminded me of.  The recipe for these cookies is straight off the back of the Gold Medal All-Purpose Flour bag. (I omitted the nuts.)
I baked some of the dough in the mini-muffin pan so my mini-me and I could have a tea party treat.  I highly suggest this, as with a dollop of ice-cream on top this makes a perfect mommy/daughter treat, especially when served up on her very own tea plate.  (It also makes a great treat while watching Project Runway with a BFF.)

Gold Medal Chocolate Chip Cookies
3/4 c granulated sugar
3/4 c packed brown sugar
1 c butter or margarine, softened
1 egg, room temperature
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 bag (12 oz) choclate chips (2 cups)

1.  Heat over to 375.  In large bowl, mix sugars, butter and egg.  Sitr in flour, baking soda and salt.  Stir in chocolate chips.
2.  On ungreased cookie sheets, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart.  Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until ight brown (centers will be soft).  Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.

1 comment:

  1. I like to roll my dough into balls and then dip them into sugar (granulated or powdered) before baking.

    ReplyDelete