Sunday, August 28, 2011

Scooby Snacks

Remember that thing I ordered on ebay? Well, it arrived! And much sooner than I had anticipated. They day I received it in the mail I had to go borrow some molasses from my good neighbor to get the show on the road. I was that excited.

You see, my children are very much into Scooby Doo right now and they often ask me if I have any Scooby Snacks.  One day I figured out that I could just whip up my own Scobby Snacks and they'd think it was pretty much the coolest thing ever.  And let me tell you, they do!  They've been asking for Scooby Snacks all day.  Even the hubster asked for them- in a Scooby voice- and that alone just about made my day.

Scooby Snacks (aka My Mom's Gingerbread Cookies)

MIX:
 1 cup sugar
 1cup molasses
 3/4 cup oil
 1/2 cup hot water

ADD: 2 eggs and beat

MIX: 1 teasp baking soda
  1 teasp cinnamon
  1 rounded teasp ginger
  1/2 teasp salt
  7 cups flour

BAKE:  350 for 10 min.

Hint:  measure the oil first and then the molasses and the molasses will slide right  out of cup leaving it quite clean, then measure the hot water, with same cup.

2 comments:

  1. hey, so these look really yummy BUT they have scooby snacks ( gramham cracker shaped bones) that you can buy at the store too :) they are really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ones at the store are full of junk. This is perfect - thank you!

    ReplyDelete