Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Pani Popo: Cheater's Choice

My husband isn't big on sweets, but he does love his Samoan Pani Popo. Pani Popo is a dessert dish in his native Samoa and as we were hosting a Samoan dinner last night I prepared this for dessert.
As I'm far from a slave to my kitchen I made Pani Popo in my Cheater's Choice style.  Normally you would prepare a batch of white bread dough and roll into 12 rolls.  Being the cheater that I am, I purchased frozen Rhode's Rolls.

Pani Popo
12 rolls (frozen or homemade)
1 can coconut milk
1 cup sugar

Lay 12 rolls to rise in greased 9x13 pan.
Just before baking, combine coconut milk and sugar.
Pour mixture over raw dough.
Bake 15-20 minutes at 350, until top of rolls are golden brown.

Serve up and enjoy this Samoan treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment